Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yesterday's cook (brisket)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yesterday's cook (brisket)

I've done a couple flats, 1 fo which was a smaller one last week. It was decent but a little dry and not super tender.

Saturday I went to the butcher and asked if they could cut me the fattier portion of the brisket so that's what they did. They trimmed some of the fat off.

Salted the meat and used Meatheads BB Beef rub.

I also finally got a probe - the new Thermoworks "smoke" the thing is really good. Hotter day in Jersey and my kettle w/ SNS was in direct sun light but I cooked at a consistennt 270 thanks to using the Smoke.

I remember Jared saying to let it get the bark you like then prob for tenderness and temp. At that point the temp was about 180 degrees so I wrapped it in foil.

Grill did get up to close to 300 which got my meat to 200 in about 40 mintues.

Started at about 9am. Took it off the grill at 2:30. It was about 6lbs before I cooked.

Stayed in the faux cambro for about 3 hours which was longer than I planned.

The result was amazing. best brisket I ever cooked, a little salty on the bark cuz I didn't measure and prob went a little too heavy on the salt.

It looked amazing, little rookie error on my part where my tongs messed up the bark, but oh well. (If you're wondering that's a glass w/ a little Lagavulin 10 year old scotch)

Until I have a reason to smoke an entire packer I'll be going back to my butcher for just the point. I'm able to get prime and I think it's about $8/pound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1220.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	348771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	348772Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1218.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	348769Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1225.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	348770

Great-looking bark!

Comment

Serious bark dude.

Comment

OOoo-wee! Nice brisket!

Comment

Very nicely done! Excellent choice going with the point end! Love it!!!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here