Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sauce for smoked short ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sauce for smoked short ribs?

Hello meatfriends,

I bought four beautiful beef short ribs at the butcher today and am going to smoke them tomorrow. I want a fancy meal and would like to serve the beef with a sauce. I don't have time for a demiglace but something along those lines would be good. Any suggestions?

I'm more hillbilly with short ribs and use a spicy BBQ sauce on the side. Don't know much about fancy sauces, but I recently made a bearnaise sauce to go with a beef tenderloin. It tasted great.

Comment

This one from Traeger looks interesting: http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes...eef-short-ribs

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        I think bourbon is a great choice with these intensely flavorful short ribs.

Beef ribs usually don't get sauced by me. I'll offer it on the side for those that want, and usually use Sweet Baby Ray's "Sweet 'n Spicey". Just put it in a dish & nobody needs to know it's off the shelf and not homemade...

Comment

If you want fancy and not just another take on BBQ sauce, I'd suggest give Meathead's "Change Your Life Rich Red Wine Sauce" a try. I think it's better the next day out of the fridge than fresh, FWIW.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here