Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuckie on the Weber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuckie on the Weber

Just put this on at noon. 2.25 lbs and about 1.5" thick. The Weber is running about 235 degrees. First Chuck Roast I have smoked. About how long do I have to wait to dig in?!

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1526.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	344420

thats where i need to be right now. but alas.... nope. tomorrow though. cooks like a butt.

Comment

What HouseHomey said -- plan on 12- hours+. Many folks will wrap once you get a good bark (after the stall, somewhere between 170-180). With Chuckie to be ready to pull, you may have to go up to 205-210.

Also, you will HAVE to rest this very warm for a couple of hours.

Comment

Everything kmhfive said, so far I've done five or six of these with the SnS. I've always took mine at the wife's disapproval, so she bought me my own personal beach towel just for this purpose I keep it wrapped in aluminum foil and then wrap it in there in the beach towel and then I place it in my 48 quart cooler to keep the temperature constant for at least a couple of hours, trust me it makes a big big difference.

Comment

Doing that myself, only on my GMG. If it runs 12+ I might be eating late!

Comment

Do want to shred it or slice? Shreadable chuck will have you eating really late at this point. I would crank up the heat to 250+ and pretend it's a brisket.

Comment

• bardsleyque
              bardsleyque commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been told Texans only "chop" chuckies.

• Steve R.
              Steve R. commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a Kentuckian, so... 😊

Looks good, but if you want to eat it today at a reasonable time, you might want to go to 275* - 280*. Holding for an hour or two does really help.

Comment

Bumped the temp up to 275 degrees and it is now at 190. Just wrapped it and I'll see how long until 200

Name:	IMG_1527.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	344648

Comment

Looks awesome. Slicing mine in 15.

Comment

Looking mighty fine!

Comment

Name:	IMG_1529.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	344685 Dinner is served

Comment

Beef was incredibly flavored but a little on the dry side. Should have wrapped earlier to preserve moisture. Live and learn. Not sure what I am going to do with the other half.

Next up St. Louis Ribs tomorrow.

Comment

• fzxdoc
                      fzxdoc commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That other half will make great tacos, chili, meat sauce for spaghetti, Philly Steak sammies...the list goes on, ssandy_561 .

K.

I have taken them off at a lower temp and sliced. Still really good! If you want to pull it you will need the time referenced above. Enjoy!

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here