Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time for a bath...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good. Starting to get hungry!

Comment

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      Overnight delivery cost extra..

Getting ready to reverse sear... No Fear.
    Attached Files

Comment

• rodkeary
      rodkeary commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for all the intel and pictures. Priceless! During the reverse sear what temp did you bring the brisket up to before the sear? Did you add any more smoke at this time?

• FlaBouy
      FlaBouy commented
      Editing a comment
      No additional smoke, pulled brisket from SV tossed into bath to chill for a bit, pulled from bath and pat dry. Add additional rub and tossed on my modified flame thrower for 4 minutes, turning every minute until I got my sear. So easy a cave man can do it.

• rodkeary
      rodkeary commented
      Editing a comment
      Brilliant! Can't wait to try it. Next step is to track down a brisket here in SW British Columbia. Not available at Costco so I have to special order from a butcher.

Thanks again!

Sear at 5 psi...
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

This is the flat SV'd at 155...
        Attached Files

Comment

This is what it is about gang..
          Attached Files

Comment

I bet that tastes incredible. I'm hungry.

Comment

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              Lord have mercy... not sure which slapped me harder.. the smell or the taste. The smoke came through with authority and the texture is spot on. I almost hate to pull the 135 bath tomorrow after this...

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              I am going to figure out if I can duplicate this with my equipment. Inspiring!

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              Dude.. I am nearly speechless... I have smoked meat for nearly 50 years.... this single sandwich was worth kicking that widow maker in the teeth in January to get to. With a choice packer no less. I have a wagu coming for my birthday in a couple weeks that just got diverted to this style cook.

Gorgeous cook, FlaBouy . You've got me hungering for a good briskie sammie with that money shot.

Can't wait to hear how the 135° batch turned out. 79 hours is a long time to wait, but this horse can see the barn just about now, so it won't be long.

Speaking of which, is that some horsey sauce on that briskie sammy?

Kathryn

Comment

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              Horsey is my go to on heavy... coupled with the hickory that come through with this batch, it was nearly a religious experience. I need to put my manufacturing design skills to work so I can duplicate this for mass market.

• kmhfive
              kmhfive commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll buy!

• FlaBouy
              FlaBouy commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL... I feel a Kickstarter coming on...

OK, just to make sure I got it. 55 hours at 155. How long searing/smoking afterwards?

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              OK, I think I understand at this point. Thanks!

• Mike Nilsen
              Mike Nilsen commented
              Editing a comment
              How long did you smoke and at what temp? You smoked first, then SV, then seared? Nice work dude.

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Smoked 3 hours or so, SV-ed 18 hours at 176. Didn't sear that time.

Bag wrap
            Attached Files

Comment

The scales may be tipping for me towards sous vide.....

Comment

• FlaBouy
                FlaBouy commented
                Editing a comment
                It started as a fun little excersise to scratch an itch... Boy, did this just get serious in a heartbeat. No more guesswork for full Packers and I have never had a choice brisket give me heart palpitations.. this just got real.

Sammiches...
              Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                kmhfive commented
                Editing a comment
                When did you say the Kickstarter would begin?

• FlaBouy
                FlaBouy commented
                Editing a comment
                It will have to be sometime after lunch... Wait... I have another brisket coming off this afternoon. Not sure I can top this one though.

Juicy! That's a good looking brisket.

Comment

Bath #2 pulled... Ready for sear.
                Attached Files

Comment

Lord have mercy...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I love this experiment! Any second opinions on which is better? I just picked up a smaller choice Brisket to cook this next week.

• FlaBouy
                    FlaBouy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Man... that's a tough call... either would be worth the effort. I guess I would have to say it comes down to time. The 155 comes off sooner and is still juicy and near competition tender. The 135 needs another 24 hours or so, but damn.. is it tender. BTW, I still have both points untouched.

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm going to try the 155F.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here