Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beef Short Ribs Cook Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beef Short Ribs Cook Question

Guys, First time smoking Prime beef short ribs (two plates of 4 ribs each) in my WSM on the 4th. Since they are Prime, should I treat them like Prime brisket and take them off at 190-195 IT? Happy July 4th celebration to all!

I go with probe tender. The meat will shrink on the bone a bit, then I start checking. lonnie mac did a great job on his Wagyu ribs. Look at his thread for a real treat!

Comment

• Smokin'Rick
      Smokin'Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the thread.I did and it was helpful.

I agree with kmhfive with a few extra steps. I trim the fat from the surface and once I hit probe tender, I'll wrap and hold at around 200 for an hour with an hour cambro prior to serving. That helps to break down those last little fat pockets inside. 1st pic is just the cambro, 2nd pic is the holding and the cambro. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170130_192003.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	341599Click image for larger version

Name:	20160821_192551.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	341598

Comment

• Smokin'Rick
      Smokin'Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the added advice.and succulent pics!

edible certainly fits those pics

Comment

• edible hen
      edible hen commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. That means a lot coming from the brisket king.

Looks Great, they are on my Short list of things to Cook next.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here