Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Snake River Farms brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first Snake River Farms brisket

My first Black grade brisket from Snake River Farms arrived yesterday. Still frozen solid like it shipped directly from the ice age. Not sure how long it will take to thaw in my refrigerator, but I'm simultaneously eager and nervous about cooking it. Special treat for my mom's birthday.

Interesting, I have an 18 lb Snake River Wagyu thawing in my fridge since Tuesday and it is still partially frozen as of this morning. It will be going on the Timberline tomorrow night. I will post some Q View as to how it goes!

Comment

Just remember that you cook until it's probe tender - not a specific temp, and you will be OK. I would start checking for tender no later than 190* for that grade brisket.

Comment

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip. Don't want to overcook it, for sure.

Ok, finally cut open the bag, trimmed it up, and it's dry brining. Separated the point to make brisket burgers from it. The flat goes on the KBQ sometime in the next couple of days, when the weather will allow it.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are going to be some special burgers!

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so! Although it seems crazy to take that much off of a SRF brisket and grind it up for burgers, none of my clan likes the point.

Defrosting in a sink filled with water will go pretty fast if you're in a hurry.

Comment

• badf00d
        badf00d commented
        Editing a comment
        I missed my window of opportunity to do the cook for my mom's birthday, and had other things fill up the weekend. Would have been hard to fit it all in. Had it not been for so much other stuff going on, your suggestion would have been ideal. Thanks.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here