Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri-tip Masterpiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri-tip Masterpiece

So I was finally able to make it over to Pampita Meat Shop in Jersey City. They specialize in prime Argentine and US beef cuts. Thank you JCBBQ for bringing them to my attention. This place is great and if anyone is ever in the neighborhood, please be sure to check them out. I've NEVER seen such spectacular cuts of beef and they were super friendly and helpful.

I made my first Trip-Tip Ever using my Weber Kettle. Let it rest with 50/50 salt and pepper (Franklin Brisket Mix) while prepping the grill.

Full chimney of coals on the left where I seared it until it looked good, and then moved it over to the other side turning periodically until I reached a perfect 130 Degrees and toped it with a little chimichurri sauce.

It came out amazing and I already want another one! Not sure where Tri-tip has been all of my life, but so glad I have finally discovered it. Better late than never!

Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_694.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	338780Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_695.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	338781Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_697.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	338782

Nice... 👍 The chimichurri sauce was an excellent choice!

Comment

Damn that looks good enough to eat.
      Nice. I gotta get me one of those and give it a whirl

Comment

6B how close is that place? I bet you are gonna go back and I bet next time you don't leave w just one.

Comment

My mouth is watering! Oh wow, that looks good.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

That is a really nice looking cook. I promise it does not look like your first time cooking one. You are going to have a lot of fun with this cut of meat. Experiment a lot with it - if you have a SV machine, put it to the test there. Try smoking one for 3 hours at 220 and then searing it. It's versatility is what I love about it. You will have different textures and tastes with each method you try and each one will please you.

Comment

very nice. I would like to see what you think after trying the next once reverse seared

Comment

Good Job 6th Borough BBQ .

Comment

Wow! Looks good. I have two more to cook. My family won't stop eating it once it goes on the serving plate. I'm looking for more!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here