Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rub on Steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rub on Steak

A question on using a rub on a nice steak. I've found that when I cook my steaks, if I use a rub a lot of it tends to come off during the flipping process to get the desired sear/crust. Are there any tips/tricks to help keep that rub on my Ribeye?

Before searing pat the steak dry and brush on some glee then apply the rub.

Comment

I've never used Rub on a steak. I'm a salt and pepper guy. I dry brine the steak with just salt before I do the reverse sear. I hit it with freshly ground pepper AFTER the searing process. Meathead says freshly ground pepper you put on before the sear will burn off at that real high cooking temperature.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I kinda like Dave's video on searing steaks and if I remember correctly in the video he seasoned the steaks before searing.

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        DWCowles ... I immediately noticed him putting the pepper on before searing. That triggered my memory of Meathead saying that the high temperature searing would burn the pepper off. I don't recall which article Meathead said that in but I know he did.

• Thunder77
        Thunder77 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe he mentioned that in the article about the "afterburner method" for steak.

Check this video out Mansquatch https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...d-ribeye-video

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here