Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, something to show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, something to show!

Well, I got busy and put the new Weber to work! And I really wanted to try out the Slow 'N Sear, so we (wife and I,) took a little trip to the local butcher shop and spent a little money. That was probably the best move I've made in quite a while. (Normally, I just plain hate shopping!)

What I wanted to try was to see if I could accomplish what looked like a really neat trick, slow cook a 2 inch thick rib eye, and then use the "cold grate" technique to apply the sear. I just liked the idea of all that crust, and done without grill marks. The process made sense to me, and I think I did a pretty good job, too. At least, my wife really seemed to like it!

For a first effort, I think I did OK.

Let me see if I can post a couple of pics.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sns1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	221.2 KB ID:	333747

And I'm guessing this would the what you might call the "money shot!"

Click image for larger version  Name:	sns2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	333748

It may not be perfect, but perfect is the enemy of good enough! But for a first effort, I am pleased with it. Actually, we split the rib eye this time, but I'm not so sure we will be doing that again!

Mike S.

Looks pretty damn good to me. Nice job (Mike S.) yeah there's no way I'm sharing my ribeye. You're cooks are only get better from here now that you have the resources of "the pit".

Comment

I'd eat that in a heartbeat! Good job!

Comment

Money!

Comment

Yowza! She was a beauty. Nice work!

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Sweet! Keep up the good work.

Comment

That looks like a very successful cook to me.

Comment

Perfect day! Nice pictures!

Comment

Yahtzee!

Comment

The only thing better than a 2" rib-eye is a 2" rib-eye done right, & you done right! Congrats!

Comment

That photo should go in the Steak Hall of Fame. Congrats!

Kathryn

Comment

Looks awesome ... congrats!

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

"perfect is the enemy of good enough!" Nailed it, on both counts!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here