Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tri tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tri tip

I have never tried to cook this cut before and I saw one today at Sam's club that I almost purchased but it was already spiced and injected has anyone every smoked this type of tri tip? If so how did it turn out? I bought a couple of chuck roasts instead.

I have grilled a few "Marinated" Tri-tip, they usually come out great. Find a flavored marinade that suites you. Now I get them without marinade and just use spices/rubs after a dry brine.

Comment

I've bought those marinated tri-tips that are packaged in cryovac bags before. The best way to cook them is Sous Vide, in the original packaging, at 131° for 12 hours and then sear them over your charcoal starter.👍

The 2nd best way to cook them is a reverse sear on my Weber kettle and SnS.
      Attached Files

Comment

I've cooked them on my bubba keg many times. I like to cook them pretty hot to char them and love the results.

Comment

Tri tip is amazing! I prefer to dry brine and season my own rather than an injectd or wet brine in the bag. But if it's cheap enough I'll buy it. It's can cook many ways. Low and slow or hot. It cooks like a steak, treat it like one. It's from the bottom sirloin. That's a sweet spot before the round, above/next to the flank and below the tenderloin and topsirloin. Low heat and then Sear. It takes all kinds of flavor. The fat can be trimmed and added to your grind plile. It's just awesome piece of meat with big beef flavor.. just don't overlook it and you are good!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here