Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Time

From an insert in Wednesday's newspaper...Aldi advertising Fresh USDA Prime Ribeye for $14.99/lb while supplies last.

I have found with our Aldi here in central Ohio that "While supplies last" is the morning and mid afternoon the day the sale starts. I have gone after work 3 or 4 different times and they have been out every time. I am not gonna let them get me again.

Comment

I pay 9.99 at costco ,8.99 at Bjs

Comment

My Aldi (new to SoCal) has Choice tri tip at 2.99lbs. My old food science professor is from Colombus, OH and said he refuses to shop there since they came to Ca. Says it reminds him of when He was poor. Were/are they a "lower quality" type store? Seems to me only go there from meat sales. Prime meat is not exactly low end.

Comment

• ssandy_561
          ssandy_561 commented
          Editing a comment
          They are a no frills store that does not sell name brands. Some of the stuff they sell is really good and some of the stuff they sell is just plain terrible.

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh.. now im curious and will go get the tri tip. I have bought quite a few proteins there and some beef jerky. no name brands, hmmm. i didn't notice. Guess who making tri tip today or tomorrow? Thank you for the info. ssandy_561.

After seeing some of the comments about the real availability, stopped by an Aldi store less than a mile from my house. They had plenty of Prime Rib Eyes on hand...and...they were vacuum packed! Couldn't resist. I'm pretty sure an earlier reply about $9.99 at Costco is a quote for Choice...not Prime. I think the Prime at my nearby Costco is closer to $19/lb...just guessing. scottranda you should make the short trip and put a few in the fridge.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow. I'll have to check that out when I get home. I'm in Asheville now. Been busy lately!

• EdF
          EdF commented
          Editing a comment
          I think smokinsteve has it right, at least over here in NJ.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here