Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best rub for beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best rub for beef ribs

Man I love me some beef ribs .and I'm starting to cook them well (: but need a good rub🏁

This one is very popular around here: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_..._beef_rub.html

Comment

BBBR is great, salt/pepper/cayene/white pepper is great but I still prefer BBBR. Commercial Rubs I like MeatChurch HolyCow a lot!

Comment

Salt & pepper, plus maybe a hint of garlic powder. Let the flavor of the beef shine, rather than cover it up. Sauce later if you must, but it's like putting ketchup on a steak...

Comment

• bardsleyque
          bardsleyque commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed(unless it's REALLY good ketchup on a really bad steak) but definitely salt and pepper!

In order of preference for me, (after dry brining):

Low sodium Montreal Steak Seasoning

Pepper

Pepper and garlic powder.

Comment

BBBR all the way!

Comment

I love alla th' above! Me?
            Most Often, on tasty beef, I use SP(G)...
            Mebbe some comino, mebbe ancho, mebbe chipotle, dependin' on intended flavour profile...

Comment

• tbob4
              tbob4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Completely agree. Find the base that you like and adjust depending on the day, the mood and the crowd.

Depends on the mood ... simple salt and pepper allows the beef flavor to shine through but at the end of the day there are too many rubs and too little time ... and I find that I like most of them :-)

Comment

Salt, pepper (pepper medley is best) some chipotle powder.
              Rub the meat with some worsheshestire first then season.

Comment

If you like rosemary, try the Mrs O'Leary's Cow Crust here:
                Before hitting the smoker or grill with a steak or other beef cut, take it over the top with this delicious wet rub seasoning paste. Packed with herbs, chiles, and other seasonings then blended with oil, this paste is sure to become your go-to for adding flavor to beef.

If not, can't go wrong with BBBR, though any of the others from S&P on up would be fine.

If you're doing a bunch, try a couple different rubs!

Comment

I typically use BBBR or the rub recipe for the Close to Katz's homemade pastrami. Generally it depends on what I already mixed up and ready to go. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Comment

Did some beef back ribs with BBBR and they were like candy. Dry brined first. Only problem there is not much meat on a beef back rib and a lot of effort for little return.

Comment

Just did some. Used bbbr with 3 tbsp salt on two racks. Slathered with mustard oil mix 3 to 1 then rubbed. Oak wood. 225 4 hrs, crutch for 1.5 hrs, then 1 more hour unwrapped. Good stuff.

Comment

BBBR is all that and a bag of chips

Comment

This is the best stuff I have ever put on a beef rib. The problem is that I have never found it for sale by itself. It's actually something you can get free from the shipping supply company Uline if you purchase so much. It comes with a chicken rub and two BBQ sauces. Both of what are OK but the Meat Rub is awesome.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1358.PNG
Views:	129
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	332359

Comment

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I would love to meet Johnny Trigg, someday. He seems like a great dude.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here