Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Côte de boeuf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Côte de boeuf

Well, this weekend my wife has a birthday and for all the nonsense she has had to put up with over the years when it comes to my toys in the back yard, I decided I would put some of them to use and cook her a memorable meal. I spent a few days trying to decide what that would be and I came up with a game plan... After a morning at the beach and a light lunch at a beach club we met at, I am sending her off to a day spa for a couple of hours for proper pampering.... and that will give me time to do my magic.

I have a nice dry aged (30 day) prime standing rib roast coming in overnight from Lafrieda and I plan on a nice little Cote de Boeuf and twice smoked potatoes with grilled asparagus.

Pairing will be a nice medium bodied Chateau Brane Cantenac Margaux that I have been looking for an excuse to try...

I think this will work well if I don't burn the meat.

I will document my madness with pics as this evolves.... the Rib Roast and a nice little Prime Brisket should be here tomorrow and the cook will be on Saturday... God willing and the creek doesn't rise....

Carry on

Can't wait for this write up. Have fun!

Comment

Yes, this'll be good! I like your plan, should work out nicely. As always, make sure you have enough time. I've cooked a few cote de boeuf's and they don't take long, even with reverse sear, so you should be alright. Looking forward to updates!

Comment

Now That should be well received! Sounds like a reasonable plan. Straightforward.

Comment

• FlaBouy
          FlaBouy commented
          Editing a comment
          I am a simple man... with a simple plan.... I believe I can....

MAN! I wish my birthday was this weekend. Sounds great to me.

Comment

Wow. if i have to ask I cant afford it. Lucky her. Nice work.

Comment

Your gonna love the standing rib roast. Pat Lafrieda's meats are exceptional.

Comment

Steak sounds great and that wine...!!!! This plan should be good for some MCS points.

Comment

Oooohhh.. that smell!!! Can't you smell that smell....
                Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Street Survivors"

• Thunder77
                  Thunder77 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Will you just LOOK at that marbling!! Yowza!

Getting ready to throw a match at a bag of money...
                Attached Files

Comment

I love my job...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Beautiful photo! I love the flames licking all around the roasts.

Breaking thru 100 internals..
                  Attached Files

Comment

• fzxdoc
                    fzxdoc commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Uh, my birthday's coming up...

K.

Small rib. ready to plate...
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Just beautiful! I'm sure it will be a Birthday to remember. Tell her we said Happy Birthday!🎊

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Oh my gawd, I am in tears and drooling right now!

Looks good so far but if something goes wrong you could always go with my old standby, cheeseburgers and a couple of Miller Lites. That always seems to work. Good luck!

Comment

LMAO.. I am plating her food and she is destroying what is on my cutting board.. God I love this woman..
                    Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here