Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Brisket - is it safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old argument: Wife - "It is cold, you need to turn the thermostat up". Me - "No, it's hot. Don't touch the thermostat". Wife - "You are a/an (insert adjective).

New argument: Wife - "It is cold, you need to turn the thermostat up". Me - "Interesting, I perceive it to be hot. Could we try to spend a few minutes adapting to our environment and see if we still feel the same way". Wife - "You are a funny (insert adjective), how am I supposed to argue with that?"

Comment

• bten
      bten commented
      Editing a comment
      I just turn the thermostat up

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh hell no. She can put on a sweater. I ain't gonna sweat all night. Hmmmm maybe that's why there's a spare bedroom. I guess that's why we're all in the "smoke house".

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Turn up th' stat. Visibly.
      Turn off th' breaker. Not visibly.
      Electrician, here...

Just tell her that if she is that worried about it she can take turns with you staying up all night to tend the fire.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Survey Says? Number One Answer!!!!
      dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!!!!

Maybe this will help. This wood fence is literally 13" away from my wood burning offset Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	327113 the fence doesn't even get hot. All will be fine.

Comment

This reminds me. Of the guy who made a plywood smoker, then lit it up & tried to smoke meat between two houses. Fire Dept. was called, don't remember if there was any damage or not. By the way, we have a town ordinance of 10ft from apt. bldg, so you should be more than allright if the pointy headed geeks think it's ok.

Comment

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        I remember that. That guy was looking for disaster. Pretty crazy. But seriously I've had this setup for over a year and no problems. One thing to add is there's always a slight breeze so the heat is dissipated before it gets close to the fence.

There are cookers designed to sit inside wood cook stations with not alot of clearance (less than an inch). Not mine shown below but if this won't burn. ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592.PNG
Views:	106
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	327129

Comment

Nother idea, use it as an excuse to get another cooker so you use the one you aren't cooking on as a buffer in the name of safety. Let us know if it works. MCS yeah!

Comment

• Notavegan
          Notavegan commented
          Editing a comment
          Might as well throw a couple burgers on the buffer poker just in case the chain reaction does start. By the time the pit is done "supporting" you, it's gonna cost your wife about $5K in mcs.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          There you go. It just might work.

Worth a try, faux chaux....
        Empirical data matters not one iota, in these situations, as I'm sure ya'll know, right?
        From either side of th' gender fence??
        Nice Save, Brother EdF !!! Good Man!!!
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 1, 2017, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• bten
          bten commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 on the empirical data, logic has no place in the argument.

You guys crack me up!

Comment

JeffHillyard It's risky to ask a serious question that even remotely involves the eternal battle of the sexes. What did you finally end up doing?

Comment

gcdmd The cook won't be until next week. It's not looking good for an overnight cook...

Comment

Here is the real answer JeffHillyard Go spend $100 bucks on some pretty shiny rocks called diamonds this week, maybe attached to earrings. Start that cook and right after starting the charcoal, walk into the house, give your wife a kiss and hand her that pretty little box. She won't care how much you spent and you will be able to cook overnight until death do you part

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here