Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked beef short ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ernest, by the way, awesome and mouth watering photos.... I hate you

Comment

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't hate him, out-cook him.

Originally posted by bocefuss View Post
    Ernest, by the way, awesome and mouth watering photos.... I hate you
    HAHA! Yes, I hate you back!

Comment

holy cow those look good!

Comment

Thanks Ernest for the info and photos. Will definitely give this a try. Bill

Comment

That looks totally awesome. If I was in the area and smelled them I would have been knocking on your door to get invited to eat. Thanks for sharing.

Barry

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            No need to knock, I'm always in my backyard experimenting.

Cooked beef short ribs for the first time this weekend, following Meathead's recipe with BBBR. Awesome!

I had only ever had them at local restaurants that boiled them first (I'm looking at you , TJ Ribs!), and they were always tough, so I never had any interest in them.

But cooking them right -- rubbed, and low and slow -- creates little nuggets of beef heaven. Get thee behind me, brisket, there's a new girl in town!

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcome to the dark side DPrice!! And you can cook just enough instead of fighting with a whole packer.

Nice job reporting and the ribs look incredible! Now I'm hungry.

Comment

I just did two slabs (short plates with four 8" bones) today. I decided to experiment and after a couple of hours I wrapped one in foil and the other in Texas red butcher paper. Both tasted like pot roast. DO not crutch beef ribs!

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              What cooker type and what wood did you use? Just curious. Pellets? I used logs and crutched. Smokey as ever. But that's the nature of the beast with logs.

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep, let em ride naked!

MAKII Star. But it wasn't about the smoke. They were steamed beef.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here