Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked beef short ribs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked beef short ribs.

This is my absolute favorite meat to smoke. Ask the butcher for English cut beef ribs.
    The seasoning:
    Keep it simple: Salt meat a day or two in advance. Just before cooking rub meat with neutral oil, apply fresh coarse ground black pepper.

Get the smoker to 225 degrees,using the minion method. Why, because Meathead said so, ok? Here I'm using my WSM 14.5.

I'm using cherry wood. I love this little guy.

I'm using a Maverick 732 to monitor meat and pit temps

Now in the meantime, get you some cold brew, preferably Shiner Bock, yes I live in Texas.

Get the meat to 200 degrees internal temp. I have never experienced the stall on these, takes about 4 hours to cook.
    I serve these with some greens. Here I'm serving with sauteed Kale

Feel free to ask any question.

"Feel free to ask any question."

won't you be my neighbor??

Comment

BRAVO Ernest. Incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
        "Feel free to ask any question."

won't you be my neighbor??

As long as you're not a vegan. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
          BRAVO Ernest. Incredible!

Thank you Boss!!

Comment

That is not in my vocab so no problems there

Comment

I gotta try those sometime, they look delicious.

Comment

SPECTACULAR!!! AND NICE PIX, TOO!

Comment

Originally posted by boftx View Post
                  I gotta try those sometime, they look delicious.
                  Once you try them you'll never go back to regular beef ribs

Comment

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                    SPECTACULAR!!! AND NICE PIX, TOO!
                    Thank you kind sir.

Comment

Can I have some? ;-)

Comment

I'll need to order some. The Select crap we have here in town has hot wire strands for muscle fibers.

Comment

Wow! well done sir those look awesome.

Comment

Awesome looking ribs. Shiner Kosmos is good. I'll look for it here in San Antonio again.
                            Last edited by bocefuss; July 21, 2014, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
                              Huskee commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Where'd "damp good" go? I like it

I feel I'm beef rib challenged... Haven't smoked/grilled any noteworthy beef ribs... You have given me inspiration to try again... Thanks! My first encounter to good beef ribs at a restaurant was back in the early 80's in Austin, Texas at the County Line on the lake. County Line is a chain and each place is different... the two Austin locations are good. Down in San Antonio, just ok. Now, if yall been out to the Salt Lick in Driftwood, Texas in the past few years... you will notice a change in menu... big beefy ribs are on the menu (maybe they were there before, but I always go for all you can eat or a plate of brisket, sausage and pork ribs). They also have an offsite bar (next door) to sample or purchase your favorite adult beverage. Love me some Austin area BBQ. Enjoy the Q guys and gals

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here