Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article on cooking steak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on cooking steak

sooo...reverse sear

Comment

• HorseDoctor
      HorseDoctor commented
      Editing a comment
      you beat me by a couple minutes...

Looks like a "hoity-toity" version of the reverse sear...

Comment

Sounds like reverse searing on a Hasty Bake.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thumbs up emoji.png
Views:	81
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	321231

I like the idea of preheating and oiling a fish basket for fish. I'm going to try that.

Kathryn

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        This is exactly how I cook a steak on my Hasty-Bake :-)

No offense, customtrim , but I feel like I just read Grilling for Dummies.

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        No offense i actually found tbr article about the grills they use interesting not the cooking method. I myself have no way of putting my steaks 3 feet above my coals

Not "Reverse sear", it's called "tempering." You want to warm the meat up slowly to just below medium rare and then grill it! Completely different.

Comment

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        "A rose by any other name..."

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Would taste as good? Ah, yes. But we must be "sophisticated". You do stick your pinky out when having a sip of tea, no?
        🙂😊

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh yeah, that's definitely my style!

Oh, my dear kmhfive & HorseDoctor, its much, much more than pronunciation! It's inflection, enunciation, adjusting one' glasses on one's nose properly & proper breathing. You see, what has been discovered here is that the earth is round, & "we" discovered it. Yes, tempering, oh such a wonderful thing. You bring it to 105 & then GRILL IT. Wow! And, and, you don't have to Rest the steak. You get to eat it while it's not COLD.
      Golly bob hoddy, shewee, an if'n all he had to do was join that thar Amazin Ribs, an he coulda been eatin like that for some time. And ya wouldn't need one of those fancy Jasper Grills from Baazar or wherever.
      All I has to say is, EAT GOOD & HAVE FUN & don't let the juices run on ya, heaven forbid!

Comment

• kmhfive
        kmhfive commented
        Editing a comment
        Can I get an AMEN!

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen!

Most important. By only going to 105, we can claim this as original, and preserve more of that nice tan layer that's so important for multi-colored meat.

Jim

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great point LOL!!!
        Loves me some meat that's striped like Neopolitan ice cream!!!

Ah yes, and here we have Steak Neopolitan! Has a very fine ring to it, doncha think?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here