Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searing steaks in a few,need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searing steaks in a few,need advice.

Hello everyone,Ive got 3 fat foodlion ribeyes that have been dry brining since Saturday.I always do it in the kitchen with some olive oil and butter.Change out the pan after each steak(3 total)-butter burns.So what does everyone use when they sear steaks atleast in the pan to get a nice crust?Just asking to keep it simple only because my cupboards are low-using what everyone might have around.Trying to impress a friend,need to stop bragging.LOL.Thanks everyone.

For right now, it doesn't take too long to just clarify the butter first. Once the not fat components are removed, clarified butter works great for getting that crust. Smoke point is way higher than straight butter, and higher than most olive oils. I use ghee, which has a more pronounced flavor. Ghee takes longer to produce, so not really worth it unless you're doing a lb or so of butter.

Comment

Thanks Bruce54,Ill use that next time.

Comment

Or just use a high smoke point oil like peanut oil and top dress with a dab of butter when you serve.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here