Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first PBC Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first PBC Brisket

Done quite a few other types of cooks on the PBC which I have only owned for a few months, so I figured it was time to give Brisket a go now that I have a feel for the cooker. I still wanted the maiden voyage for brisket to go well and not ruin a massive and expensive piece of meat so I went with a small 5lb point only. Decided to give my local butchers beef rub a try and it has a higher salt content so I didn't dry brine separately this time like I normally would, but did apply the rub with salt the day before to in essence do the same thing. Fired up the PBC, double hooked that baby, and let her go! Got to 160 in three hours, wrapped in pink butcher paper , and placed back on the grate. Four more hours and pulled at 203/204. Wrapped in a towel and threw in the cooler for one hour. I was very worried cause I fully intended to pull at 200 to account for carry over in the cambro, but had a last minute kid thing come up of course and had to drop her off somewhere at the worse possible time!!! But... it still came out delicious, so soft and moist, not over salty, perfect smoke ring, collagen dissolved, just overall couldn't have been happier with my first brisket on this cooker. Stoked to do a full packer next time, woo hoo!

P.S. hada couple videos I tried to upload and it said invalid file. It's just and MOV file taken on iphone and emailed to myself. Any ideas on that one for the future would be cool too, thanks!
    Attached Files

Wow that looks great!!! The PBC does crank out some awesome brisket. Next to the KBQ, that is where I prefer to cook my briskets. It is just so easy. Awesome pictures too.

Comment

Sounds like a great cook.

Comment

Sounds and looks like you are absolutely ready for the full packer! Enjoy!

Comment

looks awesome!

a possible word of advice: if you don't do it already, when you pull the brisket to put in the cambro, wrap in foil. the point might be juicy enough to survive all those juices getting sucked into a towel but the flat can get dry

Comment

• maustin65
            maustin65 commented
            Editing a comment
            yeah the video that wouldn't upload showed that, i had it wrapped in butcher paper. You are absolutely right I don't want to lose all that!

• Mr. Bones
            Mr. Bones commented
            Editing a comment
            Yup, no doubt! Ya' worked hard for hours, possibly days to git a juicy brisket. Don't squander it!
            If ya' want dry, just go to a local 'bbq' joint, buy a pound or three.
            Save 12-24 of yer time...
            Jus' sayin'...

Well, I wasn't hungry until I opened this topic. Now I want to climb through the monitor to get to that brisket. Thanks for the writeup and the photos maustin65 . And congrats on such a great cook!

Kathryn

Comment

Damn nice lookin' brisket!!!

Comment

That really looks terrific!!! I would declare victory on that one....

Comment

3 am, no glasses, couldn't sleep, that dude looks totally awesome, even in a blur...hehehe

Comment

Great brisket!
                  Cheers

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here