Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Loaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meat Loaf

I've been wanting to cook a meat loaf on my Weber kettle grill for quite awhile but had never actually done it before. Today, I finally did it and the result was every bit as good as I hoped it would be and much better than I expected. I made a bacon weave and wrapped the ground chuck meat loaf with it. Then I put it in a disposable loaf pan that I had punctured several holes in the bottom to allow grease to drain. I put the lit coals and hickory chunks on one side of the grill with the loaf on the opposite side to cook with indirect heat. I also placed a drip pan under the loaf to catch the grease that drained out of the loaf pan so it wouldn't drip onto the bottom of the kettle. After an hour and a half at 375 degrees I took it off the grill. It looked great and tasted even better. I'm sorry I don't have pictures. My family couldn't wait to chow down on it and it was gone in record time. If you haven't cooked a meat loaf on your grill, I recommend that you give it a try. It won't be long before I'll do another one!

Shooter, great idea for the holes in bottom of pan. Brilliant. I'm going to, and give you a nod when I do. TRanos for sharing that detail.

Comment

I normally do stuffed peppers on the grill. Maybe I should forget the peppers once.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

I won't do that....no, no, no I won't do that........

J/K I love Meat Loaf

Comment

• NortheastAl
            NortheastAl commented
            Editing a comment
            Best comfort food around.

• Notavegan
            Notavegan commented
            Editing a comment
            Spinaker, cut meatloaf slabs and immediately finish on a hot cast iron.... gravy, bread, mashed? ?

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            That sounds amazing. I love a good meatloaf. Especially in the winter. Notavegan NortheastAl

I grill my meatloaf on a flat sheet, not a loaf pan. Let it get that heat hit it.

Comment

• Willy
            Willy commented
            Editing a comment
            I make a shallow, wide "cookie sheet" out of HD foil and poke a few holes in the bottom to aid with fat drainage.

Meatloaf. It just might be what's for dinner tonight.

Comment

Nothing like a smoked meatloaf

Comment

You know the rules, have to have pictures. Guess you'll have to make another.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here