Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to cook a packer overnight for dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did ou probe it? If so how does it feel? I would say cambro when it feels right and the temp only one data point.

Im hardly a brisket expert, just what I think I know.

Comment

Cook until it probes really "soft". That can happen before 203 if you've had a slow cook (lotsa time above 170). As fast as yours seems to be going I would think your gonna need to be over200 before it probes as soft as you want. Good luck & enjoy!

Comment

How'd it go???

Comment

I pulled and wrapped faux cambro at 8 hours temp was 191. Sliced it 4 hours later. The flat was tender yet firm and seemed to have very little fat content. I cooked it fat side down and when I removed it a large swath of the deckle stuck to the grill. The deckle and fatty areas were very tender pliable and delicious. I think the reason it cooked so fast and stuck to the grill was because I had the holes lined up in the Green Mountain drip tray which allowed higher heat to reflect off the bottom of the meat. Next time I will be sure to correct that. I had friends over and they got to take a few pounds home and we certainly have lots of leftovers! Also made smoked jalapeño bacon cream cheese stuffed poppers. NY cheesecake with thawed frozen blueberries on top for dessert. It was a good meal and I gained a few pounds. Time to exercise.

Comment

• Steve Vojtek
            Steve Vojtek commented
            Editing a comment
            Lining the drip tray with aluminum foil also helps especially with the cleanup Butchman

• JCGrill
            JCGrill commented
            Editing a comment
            Is the side a variation on ABT's? I haven't made those in a while, I should do that.

Yea Butch!

Comment

Exercise is no fun, Butchman. Lugging a 15 pound brisket around the house is exercise enough for me!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here