Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting the long weekend with a cold 40 ounce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the long weekend with a cold 40 ounce

Picked this up a couple of days ago thought it would make a great friday night dinner. 40 ounce ribeye some mushrooms, potatoes Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_041632.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	304734Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_041738.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	304735

What are you going to season it with, that looks good enough with just a simple salt and pepper. Be sure to send us pictures

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Not really sure yet but that is always a good option

Have you looked up Meatheads big bad beef rub, I have not tried it personally but I hear it gets a lot of great reviews.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Jimmie Rhoden im thinking a very light kosher salt being it is already being dry brined some course ground pepper with a blue cheese and chive compound butter

Jimmie Rhoden i usually use the cow crust on these but still just thinking of keeping it simple with the dalmatian

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I vote for dalmation...👍 That's all I ever use on high quality steaks.

Wow!!!!!!!!

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      LarryO47 your PMBES looked great hopefully i dont end up with any on this

Can't wait for the "finished" photos.

Comment

Pro TIP: when drinking a 40, pour it into a tumbler and keep the bottle in the fridge. That way the last eight ounces or so aren't warm and nasty. Trust me, that last bit counts when getting your BAC up to acceptable.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I experience 'Operational Difficulties' an' 'System Malfunctions' when there is too much blood in my alcohol system!
        Also, when th' "Low Beer" "Low Bourbon" and/or "Check Alcohol Level" lights come on, it occludes a substantial part of my vision, especially at night.
        If all three come on at once, I'm flyin' pretty much blind.
        Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 15, 2017, 08:09 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_153843.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	304913Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_153913.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	304914Click image for larger version

Name:	20170414_154010.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	364.1 KB
ID:	304915 just a touch of salt and fresh cracked mixed pepper

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Beautiful food, an' great pics!!! Thanks!!!

You _are_ a master!

Comment

• customtrim
        customtrim commented
        Editing a comment
        EdF No if that was the case it would have carried over to 132 and no grey band. But first time cooking it high up i will take it. Was very good tender and juicy

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        We're all our own harshest critics. I'm sure you are or have celebrated that one!

DaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaAAAAm that looks good!

Comment

Hahaha, I was expecting a huge bottle of OE!! Man that stuff is brutal. But that steak looks killer!

Comment

Those are great pics, are you using a camera?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here