Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help! Prime rib delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help! Prime rib delayed

No way around it I'm set to cook a prime rib roast on my big green egg for passover dinner and there is no way to coordinate that it comes off the smoker right before dinner. Any suggestions or tips on how to manage the roast until we carve it? Probably a couple hours.

How big is it dimension wise not weight

Comment

• Arsilvera
      Arsilvera commented
      Editing a comment
      7-8"long, 4x5 on the front ends.

• Arsilvera
      Arsilvera commented
      Editing a comment
      Am I reading correctly that they satyed at 130ish for 2 hours until dinner time? How did you do that? Thats exactly what I'm trying to do. BTW, it really looks perfect.

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      Arsilvera i cooked those at 225 degrees each one weighed 14 lbs. Once i had them tied they were around 4.5 to 5 inches in diameter and i believe it took a little over 3 hours . I cooked to 125 then seared to 130 if it was me i wouldn't hold but it did not hurt it

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here