Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Article From Thermoworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Article From Thermoworks

I saw that. Pretty good read. Haven't tried it yet. I do have some frozen steaks, that I might use to give it a go.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Coincidentally, I took a couple of New Yorks out of the freezer yesterday. They're mostly thawed now so this method won't apply, but I will try it sometime.

ATK did a test on that method a few years ago. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLWs...ature=youtu.be

Comment

I tried it last night with a 1 1/4" ribeye on my pellet grill. Set it for 400, seared both sides for six minutes then seasoned with a little kosher salt and moved it to indirect. The internal temperature was 138 after 15 minutes. Steak was excellent. I'll probably never thaw a steak again unless it is thin.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
        fuzzydaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like you hit a home run!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. very interesting............

I agree, this has been my go to method for the steaks from my side of beef. I did request thick cuts when butchered for this grill method. Absolutely a great steak and a faster cook for after work.

Comment

Haha, I am going to give this a go. I don't like freezing steak in the first place but I need to try this.

Comment

I was looking at that ThermoWorks e-mail also. Been thinking about trying it, but like Spinaker, I have this thing about freezing steaks. So, my only alternative is to buy some & freeze them to find out. Don't think that will be happening soon. But, it's nice to know.

Comment

• Spinaker
            Spinaker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, If I had a side of beef in my freezer, then I get it. But right now, I always buy fresh so, why freeze? Good to know when I do get one though.

You can come close with a fresh steak put in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Best of both worlds

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here