Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous vide q pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous vide q pastrami

Well that was pretty easy.

I soaked it, sous vided it, then rubbed and smoked it. All in all it took a week, but it was not labor intensive, not even a little bit.

During the process I kept thinking that it wasn't going to be tender; after sous videing, the roasts were pretty solid, and even more so the next morning. But as the internal temp got to the 165-170 range, they got all nice and spongy.

I will say, I like it a bit smokier. This is ridiculously moist and tender, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170402_204549.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	437.4 KB
ID:	299374

It's strange how edible the fat parts are right? With something like this sous vide that long the fat just becomes unreal. It's so simple of a process... just think you can treat every cut that way. Try a chuck sous vide long chilled then barked up. You can play with temperatures too. I think the pastrami may benefit sous vide lower for longer just to see if the slices hold together (real thin) better. Have to try more right? That's what it's all about. ​​ Nice cook! Ruebens in your future?

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Feeding the gang at work today!

Amazing, a guy named Tom cooked and served his the same way on the main site.

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Huh. I have a doppelgänger!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here