Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USDA Prime brisket at Sam's 2.58/lb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDA Prime brisket at Sam's 2.58/lb

Sam's Club has a few USDA Prime briskets in the lineup. Choice was 2.48/lb and Prime was 2.58. No brainer. Mine had 3 Prime and a half dozen or so Choice.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	brisket.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	299230

Nice pickup. Where are you geographically?

Comment

• phoccer
      phoccer commented
      Editing a comment
      Kansas City. North side.

Woohoo... we should send this picture to the buyers at Costco and start a price war on USDA Prime Briskets...🤗 How low can they go???

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in. I will bring a picture of this in to the head butcher at Costco. He will not be undercut! Hehehehehe

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      Good move Spinaker ...👍 While you're there ask him if he can give Pit members a special discount off of the $2.99 price if you can get them to buy 250,000 pounds over a 1 year period. I bet his eyes get real big.🤑

Wow. The only place I can get whole packers is Walmart and they wanted 3.99/lb for choice
    Last edited by ssandy_561; April 2, 2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw them in Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods, for $9.99 per pound.🙈

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you remember the "Asparagus water" incident? Breadhead Unbelievable.

• Breadhead
      Breadhead commented
      Editing a comment
      I missed that one...🤔

Dayum! I gotta join Sam's Club.

Comment

Just an FYI. I was at Sam's again today and they had a bunch of Prime and Choice briskets. Still at 2.58 for Prime and 2.48 for Choice. Wondering if this is their regular price. Talked with a coworker and he said one downside to Sam's briskets was how the butchers handle the meat and you can end up with a meat hook in your brisket. He mentioned when you rub the hole can fill up with rub and you get a rather salty, full flavor bite on occasion. Something to keep and eye on when prepping.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here