Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boneless beef short ribs need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boneless beef short ribs need advice.

Hello,i came across a reduced pack of beef short ribs.3 in the pack already cut - about 6 inch long 3 inch wide and almost a inch thick.They have really nice marbling.So Im dry brining them today for dinner Monday.My first idea considering ive never cooked them is to cook them like a new York strip and do a reverse sear.I wont have time to fire up my pellet smoker.12 work day long day.Ive seen a few recipes like season sauce them put in over foil up and bake ect..Anyway looking for a decently quick way to cook these ribs.Thanks

Usually people go low and slow with these. Unless you have a pressure cooker and want to make a nice stewy kind of thing. Translation: very, very tasty but tough - lots of connective tissue.

Hopefully someone else has a better idea for you!

Comment

I tried some on the grill a week or so back was not worth it good flavor but they dry out due to size , so the next pack i put in the crock pot cooked for 12 hours made beef and noodle soup, they came out very tender. Will never do them on a grill again

Comment

Beef short ribs, boneless or bone in, need to be cooked low and slow. They are very tough if cooked fast because you never break down the fat and connective tissues. I've never cooked boneless short ribs on the smoker, but I've used them for this recipe and they work great!

Comment

I've done 250 for 5 hours and had very good luck. Check for probe after 4.

Comment

Yup, low & slow is the way. Great flavor from the fat but those muscles get used way too much to be treated like a NY strip.

Comment

I did some low and slow @ 225. I don't remember exactly how long it took I think around 6 hours and they were really good, nice bark on the outside but tender on the inside. T hey are bone in so I don't know how much difference that would make in cook time.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here