Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3rd Brisket Ever/The Most Redneck Thing I've Done Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    They aren't getting Prime. I love them and all but....

• customtrim
    commented on 's reply
    tbob4 thats funny they prefer choice or select reduced for quick sale over prime

• tbob4
    replied
    I love the story and the photos! Believe me, when it comes to BBQ they always looks at you a little askew! The dogs never judge. Some day I am going to cook them a whole brisket like customtrim because of it.

Leave a comment:

• wfo_0607
    replied
    Looks good! I have a picture somwhere where we salvaged a bonfire with a tarp. By the time the rain was through The logs were on fire floating!

I'm from NW Indiana...Hello Neighbor!

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    Nice work, Jed! Good ingenuity. And hey, at least you didn't have your neighbor get in a fight with your wife and call you Sanford and Son!

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    No experience with the WSM, but the brisket looks beautiful! A brisket is done when it's done. I have found that the rest-time is what's really important.

As for redneck, good start! I grew up in Mississippi and the tarp looks like a great call for the rain we're getting this week!

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Very good job on the cook HJS . As long as your wife and her family are happy, that's all that matters! Keep it Low and Slow!!

Leave a comment:

• Paulie Brisket
    replied
    Awesome story! Well done

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• Nuke em
    replied
    Well sir, good job....however....if that's the most redneck thing that ya ever done.....then you sir, are now a yankeee....
    please don't be offended.
    When ya put a couch, under the tarp, a fishing pole, and a fold up cot and the family under it, with the dogs tied to the kiddo (so the kiddo don't wander off), then ya just might be a redneck.
    Had a blue tarp one time that I used for a roof of my dune buggy when I got caught in a rain storm going from the general store. Sat on it and held it up on top of the windshield. Very versatile piece of plastic. They are like duck tape. Ya coulda wrapped the brisket in the tarp for the Cambro ya know.
    again, mighty fine job

Leave a comment:

• Shane Rakow
    replied
    The ladder balanced on top of the 2 coolers was a fine touch! Probe tender for me. 203F is just a number. All briskets are different. Boftx nailed it with cambro.

Leave a comment:

• Raider Kevin bbq
    replied
    My kind of cooking beer and blue tarps (:

Leave a comment:

• gcdmd
    replied
    Your ladder and tarp rig was a fine example of southern engineering. Hopefully, the weight of the water in the tarp didn't pull one or more of those blocks down onto someone's head.

Leave a comment:

• SMO
    replied
    I've done the blue tarp to HJS I am just starting with a ceramic cooker but the brisket is my goal this summer. Thanks for the the write-up, it will help when I give it a go. One question, what beer should I use!!

Leave a comment:

• HJS
    replied
    Thanks everybody, going to start checking for probe tender in the biggest part of the flat at 195 from now on

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here