Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Brisket Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadhead
    replied
    I smoke my Brisket in a Kamado...😁 No injection required.👍

Leave a comment:

• bardsleyque
    replied
    I do choice from restraunt depot and prime from cotco on a pretty regular basis I've never even considered injecting.
    I generally wrap(foil) around 180 and pretty much like the results.
    I am my own worst critic,when I'm bitch'n everyone else is eating.

Leave a comment:

• HorseDoctor
    replied
    I injected my last choice packer, just to see what it would do. Previously I had injected a pork shoulder with a highly rated commercial preparation and really did not care for the taste at all (maybe it was the pork???) Anyway, lots of good reviews on injecting briskets so I decided to try it. Injected mostly the flat using a well known commercial product (same company, different product) and it seemed to work fine. It was a very long cook, perhaps because the brisket was big enough it wouldn't fit well in my BGE so I did it in my COS, and even heavily modified, it was still a COS & a chilly evening. Had my Auber set at 275, it cooked at a steady 240 F all night long. Wrapped in paper at about 12 hours (178 F). Don't know if the injection fluid added to the duration of the stall or not but total cook time was 18 hours. End result was an awesome brisket that disappeared very quickly at a church function and got rave reviews. For me, I'll try injecting briskets again, pork butts, maybe not.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    You didn't miss much. EdF

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I've just never tried it because it didn't appeal to me. Shrug.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    This is what I just did on my first prime. Came out super nice!

• smokinsteve
    commented on 's reply
    That is hysterical!

• Spinaker
    replied
    I gave up injecting. Too much of a mess, not enough benefit. I have tried the various types of injections from apple juice to phosphate laden commercial injections. I don't notice a difference. The meat is still tender and juicy.
    If your buying Prime, you certainly don't need to inject. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Hahah, Thats aggressive.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    I'd rather inject myself with Ebola than bother with injecting a brisket.

Pork shoulder still in the cryovac, now that is clean fun injecting.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    I do not inject prime briskets. They come out great without injecting. My method is a combination of Meathead's and Aaron Franklin's. I trim and dry brine the day before. But the day of, no injections, no fancy rubs ... just the meat, some pepper and garlic powder and then onto the smoker it goes.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    I've not yet found a prime locally but when I do I'll not inject the first one so I can see how it turns out and to compare to one if/when I do inject. I'm a big fan of Big Bad Beef Rub on brisket and chuck roasts.

Leave a comment:

• lschweig
    replied
    I can't tell the difference between injecting or not injecting so finally stopped injecting.

Leave a comment:

• DeusDingo
    replied
    i haven't injected mine and they turn out wonderful, but i have only done prime.

Leave a comment:

• scottranda
    replied
    My limited experience on CHOICE briskets... inject the flat

Like you, I've been pondering about injecting the sweet 2.99 prime.

I think I've decided not to inject the prime (flat or point), and see what happens.

For now on, I'm going to inject the flats of my Choice. (No need to inject points, in my opinion).

Interested to see what others think!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here