Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 Brisket Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No to the injecting. As for the mystique of a prime brisket I gave in once just to see and my overall feeling on the final product was "Meh, it's no better than a choice done right".

Comment

smokinsteve how did your Prime Costco brisket turn out???

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
        smokinsteve how did your Prime Costco brisket turn out???
        It was absolutely fantastic! Juicy, tender...best piece of meat I've ever had. About 8 hrs to cook and 2 in the cambro. Have you smoked yours yet? Results?

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          smokinsteve I haven't smoked mine yet. I'm wet aging for ~30 days, then gonna give it a go! I can hardly wait!

I agree with Jerod Broussard on the injecting. I have done briskets on the PBC and on my Weber. I keep it real simple. I actually follow the Franklin method. I use salt, pepper, and then some garlic powder. It's a huge hit every time. In fact my son who is a chef gave me what I consider high praise for someone who has been to culinary school. The first time he tried one his comment was, not bad Pop, it certainly doesn't suck.............lol.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here