Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resting/Holding Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God blessed this old man with yet another Series 9 C5 Metro Hot and Moist holding cabinet.
    This one I made a deal on this morning is the exact same model as the 1st one.
    -
    Both are newer full sized units with the 1st one manufactured Sep 2015, and this 2nd one made in Feb of 2015.
    So one is two years old this month and about 2-1/2 years of age for this second one unless my math is off...
    -
    They SHOULD hold a very large number of briskets for a very long time, AND from what I have read, the meat will be better after the long hold.
    (Hoping to copy Aaron Franklin's method of a 10-12 hour hold @ 145°F or so after they rest and come down from the cook)
    VERY Happy Smoker Here!

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
      ComfortablyNumb commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what I like about you, Bill. Why have one when you can have two. Two KBQs, two cabinets, two hands, might as well have two beers!

• BBQ_Bill
      BBQ_Bill commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL!
      Yup, tonight after work, two ice cold beers!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here