Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pastrami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You say you had a lot of trouble with heat control. If you had trouble maintaining temp. I use this on my Weber bullet https://www.bbqguru.com/StoreNav?Cat...1&ProductId=34, BBQ Guru's PartyQ. What a difference!

Comment

Originally posted by boilerman View Post
      Nice looking pastrami. I just smoked one for 13 hours . Of course it was 11 degrees out.Did you use Meathead doughnut method? It is a minion method. Gives you long term temp control. Keep smoking!
      I keep meaning to try that, and I'll do it next time. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Moose View Post

yep! I feel ya bro, but, even though growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!
        That's my sig! Been using it for at least 20 years. It pretty much sums up my attitude.

Comment

Good-looking Pastrami. I will be making some this next week.

Comment

Looks good!! I start my curing tonight, will post pictures. Question, how many hickory chunks did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by JMuseum View Post
              Looks good!! I start my curing tonight, will post pictures. Question, how many hickory chunks did you use?
              Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I use about 4-5 depending on size.

How did your pastrami turn out?

Comment

• JMuseum
                JMuseum commented
                Editing a comment
                Great! Thanks for asking!

My juniper tree has about 10 million berries on it. I picked a quarter cup. Going to look up how to treat them. I have a corned beef in the freezer. I'll try it with the berries.

Comment

Originally posted by boilerman View Post
                My juniper tree has about 10 million berries on it. I picked a quarter cup. Going to look up how to treat them. I have a corned beef in the freezer. I'll try it with the berries.
                How did that work out? I have several juniper trees in my yard.

Comment

• boilerman
                  boilerman commented
                  Editing a comment
                  sorry this took me so long to answer. Juniper berries are used as a diuretic. Odd it doesn't say that on my gin bottle.Decided not to use it on my corned beef. There is enough going on with a pastrami sandwich with the cheese,cole slaw,onions.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here