Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to reheat some bad ass prime rib?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to reheat some bad ass prime rib?

I've got 2 pieces of from a reverse seared prime rib. They have been vacuum sealed. I put them in fridge last night. I looked on the site about best way to reheat and I meathead mentioned sous vide and said he would be posting more about using sous vide to reheat?

This was out best prime rib we have ever cooked, got a special bottle of wine to go with. Don't want to mess it up by reheating.

Anyone have any info on using sous vide to reheat or other suggestions?

I reheat using sous vide. Good results, but I like to hit it with a real quick scalding sear afterwards before the plate. Something about needing my food to be sizzling when I eat. It's a great way to re-heat, and one of the only ways I know that won't over cook. Your exposed meat will still turn that bland sous vide gray, but rest assured the meat inside will be as red as ever.

ChefSteps has some great info on this method.

ChefSteps is here to make cooking more fun. Get recipes, tips, and videos that show the whys behind the hows for sous vide, grilling, baking, and more.

Comment

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      What lonnie mac said!

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      lonnie mac for President. That's the best way to do it!

I think lonnie mac hit the nail on the head (with some help from ChefSteps ). I do it all the time and haven't screwed up yet (of course, I just jinxed myself) ...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here