Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABC's steaks on now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABC's steaks on now.

I am doing " is that camera on (you S.O.B.)" Daves SnS steak right as I'm tapping on my pad. Can't wait. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0459.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	348.0 KB
ID:	285285

In my excitement to beat the rain I am not following Dave's method. That & a sick wife, just to many balls in the air. Oh, well.
    Kinda sorta method. It's still,a rib-eye & it will be MR.

Comment

• customtrim
      customtrim commented
      Editing a comment
      FireMan a great thing to do with that potatoe is if you are using any wood for the meat. Coat with a little bit of fat oil, butter what ever you have bacon grease works great, poke some holes in it it will absorb some of the smoke taste fantastic. Nice looking steaks

It looks like you're doing it Dave's way... just bake those steaks to 115. Then hit your SnS with a BBQ Dragon to get Warp 10 searing heat and sear those steaks. All will be great. 1 potato?😬

Comment

Looks fantastic to me, when should I stop by?

Comment

Hey we're neighbors!!! Thanks for the invite!!

Look like its gonna be killer!

Comment

I was just trying to do to much & was'nt organized. But, they turned out ok, not perfect, but a whole lot better than I've had elsewhere recently. It tune into a runaway. I got the steaks to 118 & took them off, wiped them down then who needs a BBQ Dragon when you have the ultimate dragon, 30 mph winds. The searing took less time cuz the "dragon" just would'nt quit. If anything it started gust up, so it could have been a little higher. The whole cook took 45 min compared to Dave's 50 to 60 plus searing time. The steaks came out at 138 - ,142 & the inferno almost had a little to much sear in half the time. I will try it again on a calmer day. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0460.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.87 MB ID:	285328Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0461.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.38 MB ID:	285329Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0463.JPG Views:	1 Size:	2.79 MB ID:	285330

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            They look pretty darn tasty!

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Burn Baby Burn. Looks good to me!

• Dale Case
            Dale Case commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful steaks !! I can taste those babies from here

Oh, DELICIOUS!

Comment

Nice recovery. They look perfect to me.

Comment

Considering the elements, wind and all, nice job. Think on better day they would be perfect. Not that I wouldn't eat those right now. They look great.

Comment

I think you did mighty fine. Don't worry, I overshoot my temp nearly every flippin' cook. I always try to get 135 but end up eating 140-142 steaks, and they are still incredible. I just need much more practice (I'm better at brisket & ribs & chicken).

Comment

• Craigar
                  Craigar commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I quit taking a final IT so as to minimize my disappointment in over shooting my temps like you mentioned. I think part of my problem is I don't let the steaks cool off enough before the final sear.

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep playing with at what temperature you pull from the baking process and move to the searing process. If you've been baking to 115° and then doing the searing process but you're over cooking your steaks adjust the temp of when you shift processes. 105° or 110° instead of 115°.

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Also... you must calculate in 2° to 3° for carryover cooking. I pull my steaks at 132° when I'm searing them.

This is a perfect example why we should not only experiment with something, but also post it. The little tidbits of info are invaluable, let alone answering the question, duh?.

Comment

The end result looks pretty nice to me!!! A slightly overshot ribeye is better than no ribeye at all. Anyway, it can take a little overshot, plenty of moisture locked up in all that fatty goodness.

Comment

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've never thrown away an over cooked steak. However... half the fun of BBQing and the reason for becoming a Pit member is trying to improve each cook. There's no greater pleasure than putting what YOU think is the perfect cook on your friends and family's plates.

• FireMan
                    FireMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Doc Breadhead does it again, "no greater pleasure"!

• Huskee
                    Huskee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You & Breadhead nailed it! I've never been mad at eating a 140-142deg steak, they're still great and better than a hot dog. Friends always rave and that's what matters most.

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here