Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confessions from a chuck addict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mr. Bones I have no trade secrets, especially w this group.

Unfirtunateky i dont really have a recipe either. Ketchup as a base, apple cider vinegar (tangy), molasses for (sweet , carmelization akin w ketchup sugar) siracha (heat). Then cumin only for spice, healthy squirt if mustard of your choosing, Worcestershire sauce.

Adjsust any and all that to your liking. I don't baste itr mop. After 3 hrs of cooking au naturale I offload quickly to a bowl and toss in sauce (toss n soss) (( sounds like a souther q joint )) into a bowl quickly, just cover in sauce and quickly return to egg. Repeated at he 4ish and left them on a total of 5.5 hrs. Didn't need to be on that long but if you like gnawing on that ridiculous shellac of sweet and spicy, this seems to work.

Sweet spicy and tangy need to be addressed in a Sauce. I try not to mix together sweets etc.

molasses, or brown sugar, or white sugar or honey, but usually don't mix them. Today was molasses only and it didn't taste like molasses but I got plenty of aeeet and plenty of carmelization (tons, and the good kind, exceptional, not the applebees kind). Heat today one source, siracha. And the tangy go to for me usually in a sauce is usually apple cider vineagar.

After that Worcestershire, mustard etc and any flavorigs the sky is the limit. But first I nail the first 3.

Comment

Damn that looks super Yummylishish

I didn't see any probes. Do you just cook for a couple of hours and then start checking w/ a thermometer? Curious what temps you brought them to?

Comment

I didn't probe while I cooked them. I did check with an IR and the ranged from 185-195.

Comment

Fantastic!!!!!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here