Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This months Pastrami smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This months Pastrami smoke

I did my monthly Pastrami smoke today. I cheat a little and use corned beef, mostly because meat is so expensive and I can usually get it cheaper than regular brisket. Today's smoke was just over 26 pounds. I have to say that this recipe is amazing and everyone who has tried it says the same. Click image for larger version

Name:	20141026_110606.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	27797 Click image for larger version

Name:	20140810_114211.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	27796

Wow, that those look great. Nice job!

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

I have used corned beef brisket too, much cheaper than fresh brisket (go figure) and it saves a tone of time from corning yourself. Good job!

Comment

Looks great, but in this picture at least it looks like you are slicing it with the grain instead of against it. Slicing against it will make the meat easier to chew and less stringy.

Comment

• Smokedstanley
            Smokedstanley commented
            Editing a comment
            I was waiting for someone to notice that. I did the rest of the slices the right way. Couldn't tell what way it went till the first cut.

Beautimous!

Comment

Thats is really nice looking. I need to do this.

Comment

• Smokedstanley
              Smokedstanley commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, it is amazing. I have yet to find a recipe on this site that I didn't like.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here