Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sourcing beef ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sourcing beef ribs

There was a post the other day that had a link to Sams Club for on line buying showing their beef short ribs.
    Did the link and ordered through my local Sams. They sent an email saying the order was canceled and to call corporate to find out why if interested.
    The store I shop at doesn't carry them ever. The lady was very nice an called the Sams 15 miles up I-45 that had a case. She gave me the phone number and the head butcher's name. The store was bigger and seemed to have more items. I have been told by Costco employees some of their stores have lower volume and don't stock some of the better beef. Can't blame them if they don't have the sales.
    I have been paying about $7 per pound for ribs and these were $4.33 per pound by the case. A smaller bag of 20 to 25 pounds is on the web at $4.77 per pound I think. The case I got came to $252 and change for a 58.1 pound case. I got 10 cryovaced packs ready for freezing so I am ready for spring.
    If one store doesn't carry them call around if you have an option.
    Oh and these are angus choice. Click image for larger version

Name:	20170218_125730_resized.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	277412Click image for larger version

Name:	20170218_130058_resized.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	277413

Well done!!!!!!

Comment

Gotta love a "Choice or Higher" label.

Comment

Well at least my post help someone

Comment

• johnsteen
          johnsteen commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes it did. Much thanks!

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          lonnie mac

Our Costco only carries boneless.

Comment

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          richinlbrg Had a pastrami sandwich just today. Twas brisket flat, but guuud. Short rib version is coming soon! I wish they carried the bone-in, but they receive 'em already boned!!

• W.A.
          W.A. commented
          Editing a comment
          Did ask for the cryovac ones? #12329

• Willy
          Willy commented
          Editing a comment
          W.A. I asked one the butchers--he said they don't get any bone-in. I'll try again.

Congrats on the score. It's always nice to beef up for spring.

Comment

Which Sam's is this? I shop at the one in League City. That was the head butcher that told me he has never seen plate ribs, and gasp, if he did he would cut the bones out! I want some.

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            johnsteen

• johnsteen
            johnsteen commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes that is what I was told there too. The head butcher at the Friendswood Sams on El Dorado blvd name is Duke. He said to call him in advance to make sure he has them. He had one case the day I was there.

• lonnie mac
            lonnie mac commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks brother! I will do that.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here