Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I failed miserably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I failed miserably

So before I went to bed I was thinking 4 hours. This morning decided 5 but do 6 just in case, well I was way off they cooked in 3.5 hours, so now they are tripled wrapped sitting in the oven going to finish temp thru carry over before they get wrapped and thrown in the box

I don' see it as ya' failed, Brother; ya' jus' learned some new stuff.

"excogitate, accomodate, superate"

Ain't no 2 cooks ever th' same, even side by side. Sounds like ya' stayed on top, an' pulled 'em in time. Fine Job!

Much better than roachin' yer meat, or takin' 2-3 hrs longer than anticipated.

Cain't wait t' see some pics, after yer busy day concludes! Yum!

Comment

You are going to be good - I have done the same thing before. After cussing at myself (it's a must to relieve tension) I just have gone with it and things have turned out well. You have to remember that it is 10x better than the opposite. Folks could be sitting around anticipating a nice Valentines dinner and your meat is hovering around 110 with no serve time in sight. You are still going to knock it out of the park! If you find that the texture and temp is a bit under you can do my old "preserve the cook" trick. I have cut the roast into very thick steaks and grilled quickly over high heat. You will get a good crust, preserving the integrity of the doneness in the middle. Serve with au jus from the juices in the foil.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        @tbob4
        + x ³ to cussin' myself!!! Ditto fer goin' ahead...---->>>> Ain't But One Way Out! ;-)
        Nice save th' cook tip, as well!!!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Mr. Bones - When I cuss at myself, only I can cuss back at myself! I will say others have tried, thinking I was cussing at them.

Thanks Mr. Bones and tbob4

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170211_144610.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	338.3 KB
ID:	273975Click image for larger version

Name:	20170211_144538.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	273976 pics from when i started to sear them

Comment

Fantastico! Magnifique! Lookin' Great, as well ;-)

Comment

Clearly you misspelled "succeeded" in the title of your original post!

Comment

• customtrim
              customtrim commented
              Editing a comment
              I have about a hour to go MBMorgan they are still holding temps good 130 on one and 133 on the other regardless on how they turn out and the customers response I still feel it as a failure for being so far off on the time

• MBMorgan
              MBMorgan commented
              Editing a comment
              Nah ... lets go with "fashionably early" instead ... (better than "fashionably late" when you've got hungry mouths waiting) ...

customtrim, What Ever You're Do'n Wrong Keep on Do'n It! Looks Great! IMHOP
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks Danjohnston949 hopefully it all turns out. Because I would just be in the way I asked if they would send me a picture of the meat when they cut it so I can post it

Comment

It looks like ya done good to me.

Comment

• customtrim
                  customtrim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks RonB will know shortly

Going to walk down and see if i can sneek a pic

Comment

customtrim
                  Cain't wait, My Money'$ on 'perfect'!!!
                  Jus' sayin'... ;-)))

Comment

Mr. Bones Danjohnston949 RonB MBMorgan tbob4
                    Best i could do without being in the way and getting ran over and hit Click image for larger version

Name:	20170211_172926.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	274072 ​​​​​​​

Comment

• customtrim
                      customtrim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      used no smoke for these

• MBMorgan
                      MBMorgan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That looks awesome ... congrats! Glad it worked out so well ...

Sure looks great to me. I wish I could fail that miserably LOL.

This reminds me of a neighbor lady that produced something really tasty years ago. I said to her that I thought she needed more practice and I would be glad to be a taster for her. Unfortunately, she completely did not understand the followup and my wife had to explain to her that it was really a high compliment. Still LOL.

Comment

• customtrim
                      customtrim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you @Ischweig still need to hear the feedback from the customers tho

Wow Give me some Horseradish and I would be in Heaven!! Ok I wouldnt even need the Horseradish! just a fork!! Looks wonderful!! I'm sure the recipients were pleased!!

Comment

• customtrim
                      customtrim commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks GadjetGriller. I am hoping so

• EdF
                      EdF commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looking _really_ good, Man!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here