Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled beef. Do it same as pork butt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled beef. Do it same as pork butt.

Here's a pic of a 3.2lb "petite roast" I cooked in the EXACT style of a pork butt. Only change was I used Big Bad Beef Rub since it's beef. Otherwise cooked with exact same methods as pork butt.

EDIT: Thanks to Pit Boss Dave for the idea. Without him I would've tried it anyway and the credit would be all mine. Lol! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4817.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	2735
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG4849.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	2736

Name:	IMAG4852.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	2737

Name:	IMG_20140709_194436-1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	2847

Name:	IMAG4857.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	2848
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Huskee; July 19, 2014, 05:54 PM.

Great looking Beef.......I am definitely gonna give that a try!! Great pics as well Huskee!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sir! I made Philly [smoked] steak & cheese sammies the first time, with provolone and ciabatta bread. Second time I did this I made nachos. The nachos were by far my favorite, best nachos I've ever had. The smoked juicy beef is just unreal as a nacho topping with your fav garnishes.

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      All sounds deadly and delicious!! What wood did you smoke that with? The smoke ring and the bark look fantastic...on the mexican food side I was gonna try and do Enchiladas with it - but I will do the nacho as well - sound awesome!

I used mostly apple, and a couple chunks of whiskey barrel oak. I find apple to be so universal it's crazy. I'm pretty sure enchiladas would be fantastic too, havent gotten past sammies and nachos, but next time I will experiment further. I used cheddar/jack cheese on the nachos too, mmmmm with that beef it was sick good.

Comment

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree - Apple is my goto wood - very easy to get around here in the fall when they trim and by spring its ready. I will be doing this soon....Thanks again for the ideas and visuals to close the deal!!

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      DHopps, I'm editing to include the pics of the philly sandwiches and the nachos, just to inspire you more.

• DHopps
      DHopps commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea.......Im all over this next weekend....Both look amazing!

Ok, Aaron, you've inspired me! Doing my first pulled beef (with a chuck roast) tomorrow!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Chuck roasts are synonymous with pork shoulders so they have larger globs of fat, just like a pork butt...at least the ones I've seen. Let me know how it turns out!
      Last edited by Huskee; July 19, 2014, 05:57 PM.

My wife will put leftover beef roast in the slow-cooker for a while and use that to shred for enchiladas or taquitos. Brisket, on the other hand, almost always winds up being used for sandwiches or sometimes chili (or stew) in the winter. I'll post my recipe for stew sometime. (But it's never the same, so take it as a guide at best.)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      I can imagine brisket chili or stew would be excellent. Never had that before.
      Last edited by Huskee; July 19, 2014, 08:01 PM.

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Chunk the meat up, say 1/4" to 1/2" chunks for either one (smaller for chili, larger for stew.) Add carrots, potatoes, chopped onions, celery and whatever other veggies you like for stew. Add chopped onion, a can of pinto, red and black beans and a can of Ortega for chili. Season to taste with whatever you find in the spice rack (And I prefer a little molasses in chili.) Cook in a crock pot for as long as you think it takes.

BTW, I think pork is even better for chili, especially with molasses and cinnamon.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here