Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Beef Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Beef Ideas

Ok, I'm trying to think of something beef to smoke for several people that'll also provide some leftovers. I want to try something new but can't think of anything.

I don't want to brisket or a chuck roast. Tri tip is hard to find, but I might could. Any ideas? I don't want a long and arduous prep process (because I'm feeling lazy).

Thanks.

Have you done a smoked meat loaf?

Comment

• Willy
      Willy commented
      Editing a comment
      Plus one on meatloaf!

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Meat loaf is so good on the Q.

• lschweig
      lschweig commented
      Editing a comment
      Meatloaf is always a good choice.

By not wanting chuck roast, do you mean as pulled beef, or a sliced roast?

Prime rib, or strip loin prepared in the same fashion, is always popular as is the cheaper version of both- the eye of round.

Flank steak cooked hot & fast and sliced thin and used in sandwiches or fajitas is another tasty idea.

Comment

• bbqoaf
      bbqoaf commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, flank steak is amazing, love it with an aggressive marinade and seared hot and fast.

Depending on what you mean by "several people", the recent thread on shoulder clod looks like a fun cook.

Comment

Yes, as HorseDoctor said, maybe try a beef clod, I did one for super bowl and it was great:

Has anyone ever done a whole beef clod? If so any tips? I saw them on sale at my local wholesale outlet and looked them up, they are just a beef shoulder but

Comment

beef ribs?

Comment

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          that sounds like a challenge TheCountofQ

• TheCountofQ
          TheCountofQ commented
          Editing a comment
          DeusDingo, Haha. Not a challenge. Maybe just bragging a bit. :-) Though Shorties themselves are probably more the cause than me. Still, whole slabs do require a bit of prep, trimming hard fat and such. They also shrink a lot, & have much bone, which makes them an expensive cut.

• DeusDingo
          DeusDingo commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah it is expensive in the end. i just try to make so much that they can't all get eaten! i love me some BBQ leftovers

Short ribs

Comment

Since you said tri-tip, even if it's hard to find, it's hard to beat.

Comment

Finally found a beef clod so I'm going to give that a run.
            Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Need to try beef ribs sometime soon too.

Comment

Next time pick up a whole sirloin when they go on sale and try this recipe: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pit_beef.html

This is a big hit with my family.

Comment

Reconsider......Smoke a the king of BBQ'd Beef.

BRISKET!!

Comment

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The King! Nice new avatar Buddy!

• Spinaker
                  Spinaker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank You sir!! Diving is my favorite thing in the world. Now only if I could find out how to smoke under water.......... EdF

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmn, sounds kind of like a hookah arrangement!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here