Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wyebrook Farms Tri-tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyebrook Farms Tri-tips

Saturday Night Tri-tips
    2 lb Tri-tip
    Dry brine 2 hours
    Rubbed with 4 Rivers Brisket Rub and canola oil

Smoked on the Traeger at 225 for 45 mins and finished @ 275 for 45 mins. Pulled at 133 and rested for 25 mins...good eats Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0086.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	26723 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0090.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	26724 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0100.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	26725 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0102.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	26722
    Attached Files

Yummmmmmm!

Comment

Great work, looks positively delicious. I would encourage you to read meathead's article on resting meat though. I used to rest my meat as well but not after reading that article.

Comment

Looks good. Yeah, az_que has a great point. Eat the meat hot, don't bother resting. Resting allows carryover cooking on the inside and cools it down on the outside...unless that's what you're aiming for.

Mike when you get a minute let us help you get your signature together! Check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel and the tips posts there. If you need help just holler.

Comment

• MikeTru
          MikeTru commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Huskee! I will checkout out the signature and sort it out this weekend.

That looks great!

Comment

Mike that's a good looking meal. Next time rest less as the others have said and try searing at the end for a little extra browning. It'll be even better! Welcome to The Pit. We're glad you're here.

Comment

Hey Mike - What do they get for tri-tip out there at Wyebrook? I was pretty happy with what I got at Trader Joe's, but that's certainly much fresher.

Comment

I use the Reverse Sear when doing a tri tip. Highly recommend that technique for this cut

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here