Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First beef brisket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudos! Looks excellent!

Comment

Looks awesome! Did you crutch?

Comment

• Blowingsmoke
        Blowingsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        I did. I pulled it at 150 and wrapped.

• Wando52
        Wando52 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good, that is my crutch number as well

Dude!!!! Great work! I agree with your learnings. I only fill my WSM water pan to 1/3 or less. And, as Spinaker mentioned, I like to cook brisket a little hotter, particularly at the end, to get the bark good and dark, and render that fat all the way at the end.

So glad your wife liked it!

Show us your 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th...you get the picture!

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        You got it brother!!

• Blowingsmoke
        Blowingsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on - will do!

Looks great! Appreciated your pre-cook schedule as a learning experience. Just started with a Kamado Joe and was doing some baby backs in Chanhassen while you were doing the brisket north of me. I am going to wait for warmer weather before trying anything more difficult. Nice job on the brisket.

Comment

• Blowingsmoke
        Blowingsmoke commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad I could help. I'd say go for it! Especially with something with such better insulation.

Blowingsmoke, Great Lookin Brisket Cook! When Reportedly the Best are Stuttering to Complement You!
      You have Done Good!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Perfect!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here