Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wellington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karon Adams, I just took a Screen Shot of Your Beef Wellington Recipie! Thank You Very Much!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

BTW, the potatoes don't look as good as they taste cause some of the outer shell was broken. just to share them, cause they are SO easy and perfect with this dish:

take a few nice potatoes and wash them well, leave the skins on. put them in one of the Microwave steamer bags and cook done. when they are cooked, put them in the fridge to cool completely and chill. I usually have a half dozen potatoes in the fridge cooked this way at any given time.

When ready, slice the potatoes about 1/4" thick. heat a skillet to high with a few tablespoons of Schmaltz. when nice and shimmering, lay the potatoes in a single layer and fry a few minutes until golden brown. flip and fry the other side. the potatoes are already cooked so you are just making a yummy crust and warming them.

salt to taste with super fine salt. table salt or kosher is too large a grain to stick to the potatoes. I have fine salt specifically for potatoe uses and some other veg. it is the grain size of the little tube looking packets some fast food chains use. it sticks much better to french fries and fried potatoes.

you can use other oils, if you prefer, but I personally LOVE the flavor combo of potato & schamltz!

Comment

• Shane Rakow
        Shane Rakow commented
        Editing a comment
        Always a favorite of mine! they are called American fries, or sometimes, Cottage fries in these parts. This is a super versatile method of cooking up potatoes. Add a little lemon, and rosemary to the Schmaltz, and you will have a refreshing Greek-style side dish. Thank for sharing, Karon!

Never heard of it made with ham. We do pate or the mushroom paste. I'm sure you used better language than Gordon Ramsey normally does.

Comment

• Karon Adams
        Karon Adams commented
        Editing a comment
        he only curses when he's yelling at contestants on TV. when he's doing videos for normal folks, he's a very good, clear instructor. I'm considering his Master Class series this spring

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here