Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reverse-Sear Party Continues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweaty Paul
    replied
    Now you've gone and made me hungry for steak! I will say the reverse sear is the greatest thing ever.
    Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    commented on 's reply
    jmeier64, thanks! It was inspiring to see them come back and win!

Huskee, Well, I'm left handed! Thanks! Your monster Ribeye is what we are all shooting for!

• Huskee
    replied
    Awesome job! Excellent color on that thing, even if they are upside down. ( )

Leave a comment:

• jmeier64
    replied
    Great looking food to go with your alma matter winning!!

Leave a comment:

• PaulstheRibList
    started a topic The Reverse-Sear Party Continues!

The Reverse-Sear Party Continues!

There is a new Meat Market nearby, and, of course, I've been stopping by and getting to know them. They have FRESH, not frozen, Spares! Three racks are in the fridge, waiting for tomorrow to get here. While I was there today, the Choice Boneless Ribeyes were calling my name. My wife and I went to Baylor (grad school for me), and they were playing TCU (both teams in the Top 10) this afternoon, so I though, "Let's get the celebration dinner ready!"

A little dry brine for 90 minutes, and the Brisket Fat rendering in the background for the Beef Love!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8714.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	25458

Baylor, in case you've not had any ESPN or such on today, was down 21 points in the 4th quarter. Some turned to looking more at their phones, thinking the game was over... (Maybe it's not fair to pick on my wife, since she's not on the Pit to defend herself.) I, however, believed the Bears had some character and would not quit. With this offence, 3 TD's in a quarter is totally doable!

I got the coals firing before the game was over, but didn't start the delicate work of the Reverse-Sear until after the finish...

I saw Huskee's use of the temp probe to monitor getting to 110 degrees, so that went one steak, and I checked the other with the handheld. (In case you were asking, "Paul, where is your Thermopen?" I'm leaving that for my wife to get me for my upcoming birthday!)

The steaks were near room temp when I put them on, so it didn't take long to get to 110 degrees.

Name:	IMG_8725.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	25457

Then, the fun begins! There were some generous flareups when I first put them on the hot size, lots of coals just an inch or so beneath. I didn't get a pic of that, but here is a minute or so later:

Name:	IMG_8726.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	25459

Now, I'm getting hungry!

Name:	IMG_8734.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	25451

You are probably getting hungry now, as well! Wait for it...wait for it...135 degrees! (that pic was too fuzzy to see the temp...sorry)

My steak plates was in the oven, sitting ready at 400 degrees. I have heard that Ruth's Chris puts a nice pat of butter on their 450 degree plates right before putting your steak on it. They have tremendous steaks, and I love butter, so...

Name:	IMG_8737.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	25460
    Yes, the picture of the butter melting and sizziling is fuzzy, but if you look really closely, you can smell that buttery beauty!

Name:	IMG_8736.JPG
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	25455
    These two bad boys were waiting for their chance to hit the butter plate. I cut the larger steak and shared it with the kids (4 girls and the Wife, who all LOVE Ribeyes! They see cows and say, "Look dad, Ribeyes!"

Name:	IMG_8742.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	25456

Well, the steaks were GREAT! Great Great Great!

And...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8718.JPG
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	25461

Baylor won on the final play of the game!
    #SicEmBears

Thanks, my new friends!
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here