Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Eve Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Eve Prime Rib

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0617.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	371.2 KB
ID:	254007 Picked this up from Brookshires yesterday. Butcher did a grand trim and even tied it up. I had to lay a knife on it to cut more of the fat and silver skin off and cut chunks in top like Adam Perry Lang video. It's dry brining now.

NICE. This video? https://vimeo.com/12099997

Comment

• Baker Dan
      Baker Dan commented
      Editing a comment
      Great video

You got my mouth watering.

Comment

Name:	Cross cut 1.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	254121Click image for larger version

Name:	Cross cut 2.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	254122

CandySueQ - Based on your advice, here I go. If all goes well the flowers in photo 2 are for you!

Comment

Name:	IMG_0620.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	381.5 KB
ID:	254435Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0621.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	254434 Turned out really good! Hope yours did too @tbob4!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0619.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	403.6 KB
ID:	254433

Comment

• ribeyeguy
          ribeyeguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, that looks amazing. Could I be your husband for just a day or two?

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          More feasible to be your cook! Thanks for the giggle.

That's pretty "Ooh! Aah"!

Comment

Nice! Looks great.

Comment

I'd eat that for sure. Nice cook!

Comment

Name:	C Rib 4.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	254468Click image for larger version

Name:	C Rib 3.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	254469Click image for larger version

Name:	C Rib 2.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	321.6 KB
ID:	254470Click image for larger version

Name:	C Rib 1.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	359.4 KB
ID:	254471
              Wine glass up to CandySueQ for the great idea for my Christmas Eve Rib Roast! It was a wonderful hit and I can't thank you enough. I used my chimichurri sauce as my table sauce, adding fresh thyme, sage and extra olive oil. Prepped the rib roast as your photo suggested and those mini morsels melted in my mouth. Thank you again!

Comment

Thanks, but all the credit goes to Adam Perry Lang! My "board sauce" was flat leaf parsley, green onion and red bell pepper with half EVOO and lemon infused EVOO.

Adam is an amazing BBQ chef! I was helping a friend in a Huntsville, AL at the Whistlestop contest, I think it was 2005 or 2006. Adam was our neighbor, he'd flown down and was cooking on borrowed equipment. First time I'd seen brisket parted out to cook. He took a perfect 180 in brisket that contest. It was the first perfect score in a meat category since KCBS changed the judging system. That scoring change didn't last very long.

Comment

My board sauce was onion (green and white), garlic, thyme, sage, cilantro and jalapeño - dash of salt and pepper. I cooked all but the cilantro in butter, wine and a dash of soy sauce. After the ingredients reduced and I set it aside to cool. I added two handfuls of cilantro and juice from half a lime, I added olive oil and mixed with the base. While cooking, I basted the top twice with a mixture of olive oil, cilantro, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper. It was good and while the credit may go to Adam Perry Lang you shared it and for that I am grateful!

Comment

• CandySueQ
                    CandySueQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I like the idea of cooking the herbage a bit. I'll do that next time.

Beautiful!!

Comment

This was my Thanksgiving cook Click image for larger version

Name:	20161124_150948_resized.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	254629

Comment

• lschweig
                      lschweig commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very nice!

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Looks great!

Roast this year was a choice Angus. Dad told me on the way home from my brother's house that he thought last year's roast was better. It was Snake River Farms gold.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here