Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Yule Log of Prime Rib has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice!

Comment

That is a monster! Good luck!

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm excited!!

FANTASTIC!

That meat doesn't need a lot of smoke. I wouldn't add any wood at all, let the smoke from the lump give it whatever it gets.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        👍 on what Mosca said. That glorious piece of beef doesn't need smoke flavor at all.

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Breadhead

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. May times charcoal is all that's needed on beef. Unless we're talking pulled beef or brisket of course, IMO.

Wow! With sides you'll be ok with 9lb and 12 people. Hopefully your nephew can tone it down a bit!

FYI, black angus is a breed of cow, at least theoretically. Certified Angus (CAB), Angus, or Angus Pride are brands of beef which have to pass certain standards, but which technically don't have to be Angus breed at all, just black hided steers that pass said standards. Interesting eh? For more on beef brands: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/...ef_grades.html

Comment

Oh Huskee, thanks for that. My butcher said "certified" like 3 times when I picked it up. I just nodded knowingly I'm going to have 3 sides so we should be good - plus a bunch of appetizers. Honestly, if I don't have leftovers i'm going to be disappointed. I'm already looking forward to some sammies. I'll read the linked article, thanks.

Comment

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't promise leftovers, I know for leftovers a good ballpark is 1lb (precooked weight) per person. If you have light eaters balancing it out, you may luck out!

Ohhh you tease... taking those shots is like Peewee Herman going to the movies and the power gets shut off!

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Hahaha OMG😩

Last night my wife decided that we were going to have a Prime Rib Roast for Christmas day. So that would make 3 smoked in a month for me. I am really getting the practice in during the holidays!

Comment

Pics of the process and final product. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3099.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	254554Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3100.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	254558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3101.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	254555Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3102.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	254556Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3103.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	254557

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Now that's how you do it! Great cook!

• OneEyedJack
            OneEyedJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Wish mine had turned out like that. Nice work!

• richinlbrg
            richinlbrg commented
            Editing a comment
            OUTSTANDING cook!!!

Congratulations!

Beautiful Prime Rib, JCBBQ !!! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!

I hope you get some leftovers fer yer sammies!!!

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I've got some sammie material cuz I filled 'em up with appetizers Merry Christmas @mr.bones!

Beautiful!!!

Comment

That looks marvelous! Merry Christmas!

Comment

Thanks Breadhead! Merry Christmas!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here