Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of meat is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After getting another piece I was pretty sure this could not be from the plate ribs. See the pictures below (5lbs piece).

I send my meat supplier an email asking about it. Again, I live on the other side of the Atlantic, so it's a little harder to figure out. Different names, lots of translating stuff and they cut up animals different ways too.

After reading an article from someone of my country, I figured out what kind of meat I've received.

When you look at the picture of animal, I will literally translate what each part is in my language:
    1) Under ribs or thick ribs (in stores as stew meat)
    2) Sixrib or fine ribs (ribeye, cote de boeuf)
    3) Flat ribs

So since they don't have the short ribs in stock, I received meat from in between the 'breast' and part 1 in the picture. I guess with 'breast' he means brisket...? Is there anything between the brisket and part 1? Or would that be part of the brisket still?

This might be a boring topic to you guys, but I really appreciate all comments. Thank you for everyone's time.

Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here