Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonight we feast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight we feast!

My father-in-law arrived yesterday from the Netherlands. He always wants a steak when he comes to USA. I'm happy to oblige. I cut some big ol' steaks from a giant log I got from Costco of Prime Ribeye - dry brined with Montreal Steak Seasonings for 36hrs. I'm looking forward to this!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	rib eye 2.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	242630

Oh yeah! It's going to be a great meal. Post-sear photos please.

Comment

I 2nd what fuzzydaddy said! Your Father in Law will be impressed, but better His Daughter Will be Too!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• JCBBQ
        JCBBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        She said it was the best steak I've cooked...

Beautiful

Comment

That looks pretty promising! To Dad-in-laws for the excuse!

Comment

How tall is he? I've heard the Netherlands have the tallest average height of men in the world and I know someone who went there and said all the dudes were tall.

Ask him if he is familiar with the town Oostzan and the Meyn (pronounced "mine") corporation.

Comment

• JCBBQ
            JCBBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, NL is the tallest country in the world. This family, however, is not so tall. I'll ask about the town etc.

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            haha to the family being not so tall.

Here're the post cook pics. Right off the grill and sliced w creamed spinach and taters.

Name:	rib eye off the grill.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	242688Click image for larger version

Name:	Rib Eye creamed spinach and potatoes.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	242689
          Pretty dang tasty.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Don't think it gets any more perfect than that.

BTW, who says you can't have two distinct zones on a ceramic. Primo XL baby!!

Name:	rib eye searing.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	242697

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            Round ceramics NOT oval ceramics. And round have their issues solved as well.

Gorgeous steaks from all angles! Thanks for the pics!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here