Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because everyone around here says: "If there's no pictures, it didn't happen"......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gator Lau View Post
    Never thought of cooking bottom round as a grilled roast. It looks beautiful! How was the tenderness?

Since I cut the slices across the grain (Meathead's advice in the recipe) quite tender. Very enjoyable sandwich

But the grilling is only done at the end to crisp the crust, the rest of the cook is in the smoker.

Comment

What degrees did you smoke it at and when did you move it to the crisper?

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Lau View Post
        What degrees did you smoke it at and when did you move it to the crisper?

I followed the master's advice. I used Meathead's Baltimore Pit Beef Sandwich recipe pretty much to the letter. I just went to medium-rare before I went to the grill. We like our beef a little more well done.

I dry brined, injected the night before, put on the rub just before I put it in the smoker.

Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pit_beef.html

Comment

Thanks, Andy. I had missed that one. It was a good read and has a place on my "to cook" list.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here