Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stall at 194???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stall at 194???

Gents, I love the site and inspiration on cooking more foods with my WSM 18. I'm currently at 194 STALLED. Lots of water in the foil (started around 165). Can't figure out how to get bark and IT to 203. Meat isn't ready fork doesn't turn. I just stripped the foil off to help dehydrate the meat a little. I used just a little water in the bowl this time and meat seems to be wet.

My wife will be home within the hour. Any ideas????

Leave it wrapped and pour the coals to it. Un wrapping will cause evaporation and increase the stall.
    Last edited by Powersmoke_80; November 6, 2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

What meat are you talking about: Brisket or pork shoulder?

Comment

Brisket, Flat

Comment

Taking the foil off will only slow the temp rise, since now it's sweating. Wrap it tightly in foil, no extra liquid, and leave it be, it will rise after a bit.

Comment

I can't believe the sweat coming off. I still can't get good bark. Damn brisket!!

Comment

I APPRECIATE all those who replied on a Sunday evening. Thanks!

Comment

I put the brisket back in foil. Temp is 194.

Comment

• SlushDeezey
                  SlushDeezey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Put it under the broiler right before serving it and that will firm the bark just fine.

Thanks all. It took another hour or so, but the temp got up over 203. It was interesting. Does anyone release the sweat from the foil while the brisket is cooking?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here